Purpose of Persona Growth
Let me ask you a critical question… Do you have a personal growth and development plan that you are actively pursuing?
If your answer to this questions is, “yes”, do you have a way to measure the growth that you are achieving? If your answer is NO, what is holding you back?
One of the major reasons for having a personal growth and development plan is to gain more wisdom and understanding that will help you, and others, keep progressing toward the lives you all want.
But here’s the catch: one of my mentors, John Maxwell, says, “You cannot expect wisdom to automatically come with age. Sometimes age comes alone.”
In one of my early associations with John, I learned what he calls The Law of Intentionality. This law says that you, and you alone, are responsible for your personal growth and development – and further to that – your plan for development must be intentional.
So how do you approach this? Here are some simple steps you can take today, right now:
- Get clear on where you are today in your life and career.
- Create a vision for where you want to be in the future.
- Define the gaps that exist between where you are and where you are going (skill sets you need and who you must become).
- Pick a primary area of focus for your personal development.
- Get the materials you need, set a schedule, and go to work!
Every person has the potential to grow – and that means YOU! But, as Zig Ziglar so clearly stated it, “You must be before you can do, and you must do before you have.”